CARING FOR YOUR MICHAEL KORS JEWELRY
Michael Kors jewelry is finely crafted from 925 sterling silver with rhodium, 14K yellow gold and 14K rose gold plating. Some pieces incorporate natural gemstones and cubic zirconia accents.
Great care and attention to detail has been used to design and create each piece. To prolong the life and beauty of your jewelry, follow these tips.
Rhodium and 14K gold plating can help to protect against tarnishing. However, regular wear and exposure to dust, perspiration, household cleaning products, cosmetics, sunlight, extreme heat and other natural elements can dull the brilliance of gemstones and precious metals over time.
- Use perfume, hair spray and other cosmetics prior to putting on your jewelry.
- Remove jewelry before washing hands, showering, exercising or sleeping.
- Do not wear your jewelry in salted or chlorinated water.
- Most natural gemstones have been subject to an enhancement process or treatment (e.g. heating, oiling, diffusion, waxing, etc.), which may not be permanent and may require special care. See care instructions below.
- Never expose gemstones to hot water or chemicals.
- Avoid wearing jewelry during rigorous activity where excessive friction and contact with hard surfaces is possible, as this may cause permanent scratches or damage.
- Check all fastenings and settings regularly to ensure they are secure and in working order to avoid scratches, dents or loss of stones or entire jewelry.
Generally, treated gemstone jewelry should only be gently cleaned by rinsing in warm water
and dried with a soft cloth. We do not recommend using ultrasonic cleaners due to the
delicate nature of gemstones.
Use the non-abrasive Michael Kors buffing cloth provided with your jewelry to maintain its
Store your jewelry in a clean, dry place away from natural sunlight and heat. The Michael Kors care pouch included with your jewelry will protect against scratching and tarnishing.